- Name: Petri Lankoski
- Sex: Male
- Nationality: Finnish
- E-mail/work: given name dot family name at sh dot se
- E-mail: given name dot family name at alumni dot aalto dot fi
- Native Language: Finnish
- English: Good to very good
- Swedish: Fair
- Japanese: Basics
- D.Arts, Aalto University, School of Art and Design, 2010
- MA (in New Media), University of Art and Design Helsinki, 2003
- Associate Professor (docent), Department of Media Technology, School of Natural Science, Technology and Environmental Studies, Södertörn University, 15.3.2015-present.
- Coordinator, game program (Programsamordnare Spelprogrammet), Department of Media Technology, School of Natural Science, Technology and Environmental Studies, Södertörn University 1.6.2013-present.
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Media Technology, School of Natural Science, Technology and Environmental Studies, Södertörn University, 1.8.2011–14.3.2015
- Lecturer, Department of Media, Aalto University, School of Art and Design, 1.1.2010–31.7.2011
- Lecturer, Media Lab, University of Art and Design Helsinki, 1.11.2009–31.12.2009
- Research Assistant, Media Lab, University of Art and Design Helsinki, 01.05.2006–31.10.2009 (doctoral research on character-driven game design)
- Researcher, Hypermedia Laboratory, University Of Tampere, 01.07.2005–30.4.2006 (projects: Wireless Gaming Solutions for the Future, research on designing location-aware games; IPerG, Integrated Project on Pervasive Gaming, research in designing pervasive games)
- Senior Assistant (acting), Hypermedia Laboratory, University Of Tampere, 01.01.2004–30.6.2004
- Researcher, Hypermedia Laboratory, University Of Tampere, 18.05.2000–31.12.2003 (Research on adaptive location-aware services; games and digital television)
- Trainee / Software designer, Nokia Telecommunications, 23.01.1995–16.04.1999
- Teaching and learning in higher education. Södertörn University, Spring 2013 (7.5 ECTS, level: continuing professional development)
Doctoral thesis grading boards and oppositions
- Sanna-Mari Äyrämö, 2017. Opponent and a member of the grading committee
- Henrik Warpefelt, 2016. Chair of the grading committee
Doctoral thesis supervision
- Mikko Meriläinen, Kohti pelisivistystä. The University of Helsinki. The thesis was defended Jan 25, 2020.
- Chair, student selection committee, game design and production (Aalto University) 2010
- Vice member, student selection committee, new media (Aalto University)
- Member, evaluation group (MA thesis) / New Media (Aalto University)
- Vice member, the committee of academic affairs of the school of art and design, (Aalto University)
- DiGRA Distinguished Scholar, 2018.
- Teacher of the Year 2010 of TAIK (Awarded by the Student Union of the Aalto University)
- Special Recognition: Adventure Game Development / Lies and Seductions, Unity Awards 2008
- Nordic Digra 2010: Experiencing Games: Games, Play, and Players. International game research conference, Stockholm. Program Chair.
- Playing Roles, International research seminar on role-playing, Tampere 2006. Organized with Markus Montola
- Game development with Unity
- Programming (C#, C++, Python, R, Julia, Perl)
- Qualitative methods (formal analysis of gameplay, close reading, thematic analysis)
- Quantitative methods
- Judge, Imagine Cup, Game Competition, 2010.
- Nordic DiGRA (the Nordic chapter of international DiGRA to facilitate co-operation between game researchers in Nordic countries), a founding member.
- Tieteentekijöiden liitto, a member of the Board, 2010–2011
- Aalto-yliopiston tieteentekijät, the Chair, 2010–2011
- Taideyliopistojen tieteentekijät, Member of the Board, 2007–2009
- Tampereen seudun roolipelaajat (Tampere role-playing association), Chair, 2001–2006
- Excalibur (Role-playing association), a member of the Board, 1991–1994, 1996, 1999
- Digital Games Research Association DiGRA, admin & webmaster, from 2005 (includes designing and developing the original Digra digital library used in 2004-2012)
One thought on “Curriculum Vitae”