1. What is DiGRA
- Digital Games Research Association – DiGRA is a Finnish non-profit (see also, about DiGRA). DiGRA “aims to support and promote the academic study of digital games and develop its recognition as a field of enquiry”. See bylaws (Finnish http://digra.org:8080/Plone/digradocuments/digrarules03fi/ and Bylaws in English http://digra.org:8080/Plone/digradocuments/digrarules03/).
2. What DiGRA does
- The main operations of DiGRA are its conferences and its journal. DiGRA does not conduct research.
3. How DiGRA is funded
- DiGRA is funded mainly by membership fees.
4. DiGRA should get rid of feminist board members or have more diverse board
DiGRA operates under Finnish law.
- This means that DiGRA cannot discriminate its members based on their gender, religion, political beliefs, etc.
- The board members are elected in a general assembly.
5. DiGRA publication claims X [EDITED]
- Things published by SAGE, Springer, etc. are not published by DiGRA.
- Things published by Gamasutra, Polygon, Ars Technical, etc. are not published by DiGRA
Some relevant laws: