Now the first year (of two year MA degree programme) of the Game Design and Production at the School of Art and Design at the Aalto University is over (and I am at the Södertörn University), I thought to write notes about the courses.
- Gameplay Design Workshop (5 days) by Petri Ikonen (Digital Chocolate) & me. (my slides: 1, 2)
- Lecture 1: Game Design by me
- Lecture 2: Narrative Design 1/2 by Mikko Rautalahti (Remedy)
- Lecture 3: Narrative Design 2/2 by Mikko Rautalahti (Remedy)
- Lecture 4: Level Design for Casual Games by Petri Ikonen (Digital Chocolate)
- Lecture 5: Gameplay Design Patterns by Jussi Holopainen (NRC)
- Lecture 6: Level Design by Jarkko Kainulainen (Tribe Studios)
- Four mornings with lectures and analytical exercises by me (my slides)
- Analysis on game reported as an essay
- Two groups of students designed and developed fully playable murder mystery games with great visuals and potential to be polished great games. Tutored and taught by me.
- Lectures on Roleplaying Games by Jaakko Stenros (University of Tampere) & Markus Montola (Gray Area)
- Exam on Tavinor, The art of videogames
- (alternative for this was a book exam)
- Workshop (1 day) by Elina Ollila (NRC)
- Workshop (4 days) by Juha Huhtakallio (Kuuasema)